Sunday, May 9, 2010

Why

Went for a drive in the dark...
Very windy and pouring rain at times.

Stopped at a drive thru for something to drink.
Not really thirsty just something different to do.

Nothing much on the radio... even listened to
a bit of the end of a race.

Time for a CD.... haven't changed the one in the player
for a couple of years now..

Decided to listen to the newest Rascal Flatts CD.
It has many good songs... but the last one... it sticks
in my head and says so very much.

Why <-----that's the name of the song. If you haven't heard it... it really is worth the listen.


http://www.cmt.com/videos/rascal-flatts/469206/why.jhtml


Because I'm guessing... You know someone who is suicidal or knew of someone who committed suicide.... this song could be about them.


Did you know.... That every 40 seconds someone commits suicide... leaving someone that asks... Why?


There is a line near the end of the song that says... Who told you life wasn't worth the fight? This line hits me pretty hard as each day I feel life is not worth the fight.


No one has told me that life is worth the fight. If you have and you can find it in you to tell me again... PLEASE DO. Because...I do not remember and I do not see that it is worth the fight.


I have had someone tell me that they don't want me around their family as they don't want their children to ever think or feel that life is not worth the fight (I have stayed away)....but they never explained to me the reason why life is worth the fight.


I can say that as a person who lives with constant suicidal thoughts... IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to see the BRIGHTEST of lights through the IMMENSE DARKNESS!!!


I don't know if there is anything that anyone can say or do to help a person who is considering suicide...


Saying something may or may not help. Words often add to the confusion to someone wanting to commit suicide as they are already dealing with many, many words and often voices in their head.


Spending time with someone who is wanting to commit suicide, even though it is hard for you, may be the best thing you can do to help them.


You may even have to take them to the hospital...but stay with them until they feel safe. Odds are...the suicidal person will do everything they can to get out of there...If they are asked what they want to do....they know the words to say so they can go home.


Hearing that you care is good and all... but seeing that you care... that can really make a difference in the life of someone who doesn't want to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment