Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trying to grow in faith...

I see so much Faith in those around me. I am in awe and complete amazement of these people.
I often wonder how did these people become such wonderful servants for our Lord? They never hesitate to offer a prayer or to keep you in their prayers.

I want to be this way... I want to be able to share the Lord's word without hesitation or fear of questioning or belittlement from others around me. I want to be able to comfort others with our Lord's word and share with them the awesome feeling of God's love!

I am new (less than a year) to wanting to learn God's word and about His son... Jesus. I crave His word!!

I wish that I could let others know how very comforting it is when going through rough times or struggling with various issues in our lives that hearing God's word and learning what He has already done for us can do and does to heal our mind, body, and soul. I know for me that His word brings GREAT comfort to me when nothing else does.

My life is far from perfect and I am far from a perfect person. I struggle daily to keep my feet on the right path. I know that the seed has been planted in me and I am beginning to grow wings. I am happy about this but I still want to jump from A to Z when the Lord keeps telling me to just "B".

I close with a simple prayer...
Father I come to you today with a humble heart. I ask you to guide my path in the direction you wish for me to follow. I ask you Dear Lord to please watch over, protect, and have mercy and love for all of my family....those who are connected by blood and those who you have brought into my heart.
Thank you Lord for showing me your mercies and forgiving me of my sins.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment