Friday, August 7, 2009

If it weren't for bad luck...

If it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all...

Today started out fairly well... I went with my neice to meet with an employabilities person.

My neice is on the road to getting a job and being an independant young lady. YEAH!!

After that... I was going to get some lunch... I never quite made it there... I was in a minor accident...

By minor I mean... No injuries. The front of my car looks like a LARGE can-opener got a hold of it... peeled it right back. THIS SUCKS... it was just about a year ago I had the same thing happen.

I wasn't travelling fast... no airbag deployment... I was merging right... I guess the guy in front of me didn't see me and he too moved to the right... His tow-hitch left a perfect hole in the left side of my front bumper.

Since I've been driving my 26+ years... this is the 3rd accident. First one I was hit by a drunk uninsured driver, I was about 20 when this happened. Now I've had 2 in 2 years... ARGH!!!

I really HATE myself for this... I know I did everything I could have to avoid a wreck... I glancingly checked my mirrors but when I glanced back forward... it was too late... everything happened in a matter of seconds.

Hopefully will have my car back in a week or so.

Sigh....

Well... if you need me... you'll know how and where to find me....

1 comment:

  1. hi connie,

    what an ordeal....but there is a different "tone" to your voice...it is that one of "acceptance" and that shows another side of you that is truly to be admired...because I would be cussing up a storm...

    while your hand is out and touching others...

    always know that the moisses' hands are out also holding you back...as we hold each other through this funny thing called, life...

    which is really cruel at times...but we can always go back and laugh at it...

    thank you and good night, true warrior...

    ReplyDelete