Thursday, June 18, 2009

Old photographs...

It's funny.. odd funny that is, to look at old photographs of our days gone by....

Today I saw some photographs of me playing softball... ahhhh... those days.

The memories of playing right field... I know...Not a place for a good player, that's the spot where the worst person on the team plays as the ball rarely gets hit in that direction.. unless there's a good switch hitter or a power lefty.

I didn't mind... I would gladly play that spot any day. I could cheer on my friends and maybe make a good play once in a while.

I was far from the best player and not a real good hitter... The thing I was good at as a lefty... I could hit it right down the 3rd base line.... no one could ever see that coming.

I loved playing softball... I wasn't good as I have said...but I loved it... I made some good friends while playing... oh how I miss them now.

This is but one of the things RSD has stolen from me... playing softball...and friends. But I can still recall the good times... with a tear in my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment