Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What is anxiety and how does it feel?

Mirriam-Webster Dictionary defines anxiety as:

An abnormal and overwhelming sense of apprehension
and fear often marked by physiological signs
(as sweating, tension, and increased pulse), by doubt
concerning the reality and nature of the threat, and
by self-doubt about one's capacity to cope with it.


How does it feel? (This is how it feels to me...)
Frantic, shaking, heart racing, and thoughts bouncing
every which way.... it's a fearful reaction to the
unknown or the possiblities of what may be.

It's vomiting for no other reason.
It's crying and laughing all at the same time.

Anxiety takes hold and doesn't loosen it's grip...
it worsens until panic takes over and consumes.

I live in constant anxiety over many things...
some I have control over but it is worse when
control is taken away or never given.

There are many medicines that can help some
people... for me they take the edge off...but
never fully takes it away.

I often am fearful to fall asleep and panic
takes ahold and tosses me around when I awake.



No comments:

Post a Comment